Operation: Household Name

Evolving Artist changing the world one smile at a time.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Letter to the Black Woman


This is a must hear... I've had it on repeat all morning.









It was 4am when I wrote this. And after, I realized the reason for my insomnia. I've always been a night person, but more often that not moments of uneasiness are replaying in my head. I believe I am my most vulnerable right before slumber, and thats when my words unsaid reek havoc.... How that moment should've went. What I should've said. Hence, I write a lot at night. lol






A Letter To The Black Woman




Black Woman!!!!!
What verification is required?
The touch of black lips? His warmth on your back? Protective arms?
A dreadlocked king?
The man that tainted your existence barefoot, crying, and kneeling for forgiveness?
A long lost parent’s smile of approval ? Hug of appreciation? Acknowledgement?
A Financial Security Blanket?
Acceptance from the ones who denied it?

What makes you so spiteful, full of self abhorrence, vindictive, judging, spitting putrid hate?




I love you.
More than you’ll ever know.
Black queens. Rulers of Mother Earth.

Your existence should be glorified.
Statues resurrected.
Power in your footsteps.
Brilliance in your glance.
Fingers of creativity.
Wombs of infinite blessings.




Stop it!
Diminishing yourselves.
Tolerating demons.
Justifying worthlessness.
Hating each other.
Hating ourselves.
Your venom kills.
Ripping tears of pity, sympathy, hate, and anger from me.
My heart bleeds for you.
Let me comfort & console you.
Let me love you for you.
Black woman.
Black queen.





No comments: