Operation: Household Name

Evolving Artist changing the world one smile at a time.

Friday, February 3, 2012

Just Do It

   I'm a very creative person. Or atleast I like to think so. lol I have a new brilliant idea every two days and between those: millions of great, mediocre, and just plain silly ones. Yet I rarely ever get any of them done. My problem is I dream big....
   I wrote a short film a year ago, but never shot it because I couldn't find the perfect camera. I was going to make a mixtape, but didn't start on it because I didn't like the quality of the studio. I didn't start on my website until I had the perfect photos for it... Are you getting where I'm going with this?
   More often times than not, I shoot myself in the foot. Missing golden opportunities to showcase my talent because I have caviar taste. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, I want things to be perfect! But sometimes it pays to just get out your digital camera and let your talent speak for itself. Showcase yourself! We have such an amazing asset with the internet. Don't waste it. Don't over think it. Just get it done!

Khalilah Joi Dubose The winning monologue in the 2009 American Black Film Festival....





No comments: